TRANSFER LBC attends The EEA Grants Conference “Too much, too little - The role of water in adaptation to climate change”01.10.2013
On behalf of the Governments of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Portugal, the EEA Grants Conference “Too much, too little – The role of water in adaptation to climate change”, organized for The Portuguese Environment Agency, will take place in Lisbon from the 7th to the 9th of October 2013.
During the the conference several topics will be explored:
• The policy framework(s) for adaptation to climate change;
• The news in science related to impacts and vulnerabilities of water and water related sectors;
• The experiences in water related national challenges, such as drought, floods or storm surges;
• Adaptation policies and practices in cities, agriculture and in coastal areas;
• The need to think beyond national borders
Furthermore, Sven Kallen, Director of TRANSFER Latin Business Consultancy, will share his knowledge during the session “Water-related National Challenge/ Droughts and water scarcity" , during which he will present the “Waterboxx” system used for the "The Green Deserts” project, followed by a special panel debate concerning droughts and water scarcity.
The full program of the conference can be read here.